If you have arranged to have an appointment via video call please see the information below to connect with your practitioner:
Where do I go to attend my appointment?
To attend your appointment go to:
Instead of travelling to your appointment, you enter the clinic’s waiting area online. We are notified when you arrive, and your clinician will join you when ready. There is no need to create an account. No information you enter is stored.
What do I need to make a video call?
- A good connection to the internet If you can watch a video online (e.g. YouTube) you can make a video call
- A private, well-lit area where you will not be disturbed during the consultation.
- One of these:
- Google Chrome web browser (recommended) or
- Firefox web browser on a desktop or laptop (Windows or MacOS) or on an Android tablet or smartphone
- Safari web browser on an Apple desktop or laptop (MacOS), or iPad or iPhone
- Web-camera, speakers and microphone (already built into laptops or mobile devices).
Is it secure?
Video calls are secure; your privacy is protected. You have your own private video room, that only authorised clinicians can enter.
How much does a video call cost?
The video call is free (except for your internet usage). However, the regular costs – if any – of a medical consultation still apply.
How much internet data will I use?
You don’t use any data while waiting for a clinician to join you. A video consultation uses less than half of the data you would use while watching a YouTube video in High Definition*. Data use is less on lower-speed internet connections, or if you’re using a less powerful computer, tablet, or smartphone. These factors can also reduce the overall quality of the call. Data use increases when there are more than two participants in the call.
What do I do if something is not working?