Mental Health Counsellor
BSc (Hons) Psychology
- Bachelor of Social Science (Honours) (Psychology).
- Diploma of Community Services.
- Diploma of Fine Art.
- Work experience:
- Private online counselling practice, arielrowan.com/counselling (five years).
- Lecturer (Psychology), Charles Sturt University (two years).
- Mentor/tutor, Indigenous Academic Support Program, Charles Sturt University.
- Family Support worker (3 years).
- Positive Psychology.
- Humanistic therapy.
- Narrative therapy.
- Art therapy.
- Transpersonal psychology.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
- Acceptance and Commitment therapy.
- “Lived Experience” informed practice. Lived experience includes:
- Living with chronic physical illness (Type 1 Diabetes).
- Living with a chronic mental illness (Type 1 Bipolar disorder).
- Being a parent of three children.
- Cessation of AOD use.
- Being a member of the LGBTQI+ community.
Why my approach is important and how my approach will benefit my clients:
My practice not only assists my clients but helps in reducing stigma in society. I am part of the growing movement of individuals living successfully with mental-ill health who are participating in Allied Health.
In terms of my practice, my lived experience-based therapy allows me to sit beside clients from all walks of life. My ability to relate helps my clients to feel that positive outcomes are possible through the evidence-based therapy that I offer