MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELLOR / SOCIAL WORKER
- Bachelor of Social Work ( University of Sydney) Master of Public Health ( UNSW)
- Over 25 years of experience working in clinical social work and as an accredited mental health social worker.
- I work from an eclectic perspective melding the most important aspects (from my point of view) of a few different theories to make my own theoretical base, which has morphed to become the base form which I work.
- I am inspired by people’s endless capacity. The capacity to evolve and change in their lives. This takes great strength. I am humbled by their process of learning, admitting their mistakes, being ok with being wrong and/or flawed, acknowledging their ‘stuff’.
- I am inspired by the people who ‘show up’ to do this hard work in the therapy room. The people who leave their pride at the door. The people who forget their egos and focus on the bigger picture. The people who seriously think that evolving themselves evolves our future. The people that work so hard at increasing their emotional intelligence. These people are inspirational. They are my heroes.
- Therapeutic influences are; CBT, ACT, Jungian psychotherapy, emotional freedom therapy, mindful therapies, acceptance therapies, somatic therapies, family constellations, solution focussed therapy, positive psychology, action-based therapy, martial arts and physical therapies, the therapy of getting out of your head and into your body.
- I am interested in professionally challenging myself in different ways and stepping outside my comfort zone. I believe in moving towards your fears and I try and set these types of goals for myself regularly.
- I read a lot of books and articles and watch a lot of talks about emotional intelligence, acceptance and commitment therapy, emotionally focussed therapy and more recently emotional freedom therapy. I believe in being as physically active as possible, the value of sleep and good humour and taking action where possible
The work I do:
I provide an honest, kind and non-judgemental therapy service for teens, adults, aged, couples, families + communities.
Why is it important?
I think it is important to be supported when you show up and show the strength to emotionally grow and challenge yourself.
Who is it for?
My service is really for anyone who wants to challenge themselves and those who are in genuine need of authentic support and advocacy through the difficulties life throws at us.
How do my services benefit the patient?
My service will give you the support you need and more. We will work together to get through the difficulties and come out the other side feeling more at ease.
Special interests may include (but not limited to):
- Anxiety/Fear – make friends with your fears.
- Adults/teens/aged population – mental health awareness
- Empowerment and emotional Intelligence awareness
- Action-based support therapy
- Emotional Freedom Therapy (EFT) + somatisation
- Practical support with housing, finance + accommodation
- Early intervention/first episode psychosisDisability support and advocacy
- NDIS planning and support
- Mental health and physical exercise
- Adolescent angst, advocacy and support
- Domestic violence and sexual assault
- LGBTQI rights and advocacy
- Refugee rights and advocacy
- Mood management
- Self-harm and suicidality
- Conflict management and mediation
- ADHD coaching and support
- Stress management
- Mental health for aged and veterans
- Eating Disorders